Additional Information- Especially relevant for online learning
- You can download the kindle app to a phone/tablet/PC and purchase books from here. You can find thousands of book titles on the Accelerated Reader BookFinder website (quick google) which will suggest titles that are in your range. Don't worry too much about right levels though, just read and quiz as much as you can!
- Parents can also sign you up to https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/ which has some free eBooks for your age.
- Ideas for books to purchase: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/our-recommendations/100-best-books/
- Below is a link which allows you to borrow e-books and audio books from Devon libraries. https://librariesunlimited.overdrive.com You do need to already be a member of the library but parents can join online if needed. The place to do that is here: https://www.devonlibraries.org.uk/web/arena/join-thelibrary
- Also, on AR (Accelerated Read) there is an extra option which is reading ‘articles’. You can click on the orange tile next to the star reading/quizzing options when they first log in. They are all non-fiction, can be searched according to topic/level and you can quiz on them afterwards as usual. There are also the vocabulary quizzes still available.
Student username: st-sidwells-ce-primary-school-student
Student password: ar9hrgwx
When logged in, click on 'Target Your Maths - Year 4' and complete activities on the given page number for each day.
Challenge A = working towards Year 4 expectations
Challenge B = working at Year 4 expectations
Challenge C = working at greater depth
For those of you who need more support with maths:
***ADVICE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS- Keeping your children safe online***
Dear Parents and Carers
We are aware that this is a strange time for us all and in communications and learning, we are finding that the internet and its use on various devices, is increasingly important.
Regardless of how you feel about this, it is important for us all that we are able to keep our children safe when they are online. There are some informative links on our parent page but I would like to draw your attention to these links with the first option providing age- related ideas (you may like to look at the older age group, too, depending on how ‘Savvy’ your child is?
Take care, stay safe and ask your teacher if you need further advice.