We want our pupils at St Sidwell's to learn French, so that:
- They are opened to other cultures, are curious and have a deepening understanding of the world
- They can express their ideas and thoughts in another language
- They can understand and respond to French in both speech and writing
- They can speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity
- They have a firm foundation for learning further languages
We teach French using the Salut! scheme. This document identifies the knowledge that pupils will learn at each stage.
Mrs Hillier leads Languages in our school.