We want our pupils at St Sidwells to learn Music, so that:
- They are inspired and engaged
- They have increased self-confidence and sense of achivement
- They listen to and evaluate music of all genres
- They are able to create and compose
We have designed a progression document for Music from Early Years to Year 6.
- We teach a weekly Music lesson
- We hire in instrument sets for whole-class instruction
- We have a weekly singing assembly
- We provide opportunities for individual music lessons
Mrs Hughes leads Music in our school, from Nursery to Year 6.